Back Road Equine Veterinary Practice
- Digital Radiographs (X-rays), can be taken without a power supply, but price may be adjusted accordingly
- Vaccinations, Wellness exams, Coggins, Health certificates
- Dental (teeth floating) with Powerfloat - battery operated, no power supply needed!
- General medicine including Neurologic, Respiratory and Ophthalmic (eye) exams
- Reproductive work including pregnancy exams and artificial insemination
- Field surgery (including Castration)
- Nutritional consultation and Geriatric care
- Lameness exams including joint injections
- Ultrasound exams - for breeding/pregnancy checks, lameness, respiratory and colic/GI problems - battery operated, no power supply needed
- Experience with many breeds and sizes including Miniatures, Drafts, Donkeys, Mules and everything in between.
- Farm calls only, based in Kechi, KS
- Not sure if your area is covered? Give me a call, farm call prices are based on distance from Kechi, I am always happy to decrease the price if you have a neighbor in the area
- 24-Hour Emergency Services (Emergency fees will be charged based on current client relationship and time of day), please remember I am only one person and will do my best to see your emergency in a timely manner
- Saturday appointments are available if scheduled in advance
- Call or text 316-201-8176 to make your appointment today
Payment is due at time of service
Cash, checks, and credit cards accepted.
I've been horse crazy as long as I can remember. I settled for riding lessons and visits to relatives with horses until I was 14, when I bought my first horse. I still have her, she qualifies as a "senior" now. When I was 10, I decided I wanted to be a horse veterinarian when I grew up. I've never looked back. I told my dad,
and he told me K-State had a veterinary school. I've been bleeding purple ever since. I earned a BS in Animal Science then my Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from Kansas State in 2010. After veterinary school I interned at referral practices in New Hampshire and Montana, then practiced in Virginia for 2 years before coming home to Kansas. I'm happy to be serving the horses and people of south central Kansas. I answer the phone whenever I can, if you have to leave a message, I'm probably on a call, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I do not return calls if a message is not left. Feel free to text me as well (before texting please consider what time it is, non-urgent questions at odd hours should be emailed instead), I often can respond faster that way. Emails are a great way to reach me with non-urgent questions.
Rachel Lindberg, DVM
24/7 Emergency Care